Join us on our mission
We’re more than just accountants and bookkeepers. We’re here to ultimately help the businesses and individuals we work with grow and enjoy the fruits of their labour. The contributions from the people that work here is the only way we’ll get there. We’re ready, are you?
We value you
We’re here to change the outcome of small businesses – everywhere for the better. We believe understanding finances for small business owners should be four things: simple, effective, affordable and effortless. That means you won’t just collect a pay cheque while working here. You’ll do something that positively impacts every business you work with (and improve lives in the process).
Take charge of your career
We have a flexible approach with our team. We embrace autonomy and innovation – that way you can uncover how your job can help us change lives and ultimately take charge of your career.
What we stand for and value as a Company
We develop relationships with the businesses we work with and make a difference in their lives.
We value our team. We encourage open and honest communication and personal development alongside rewarding group and individual achievements.
We empower each other to acknowledge and take ownership of our personal commitments and actions.
We achieve greater results when we all work together in unity.
We aim for the highest standards of integrity in all of our actions, activities and relationships.
We care about all of our company stakeholders.
We encourage our people to challenge the status quo with creative inspirational ideas.
Whatever you do, wherever you're at, we want to talk with you.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to join a forward-thinking Accountancy practice?! We are looking for an ACCA /ACA / ATT / CTA qualified accountant to join our growing and friendly team. We are looking for someone who will be proactive with clients and be able to manage junior members of the team.
Accounts Geek provide accountancy compliance, tax planning & business growth services for small businesses, contractors, self-employed, freelancers, CIS & startups. Our team work hard to assist our client’s businesses, supporting them with their day-to-day business needs but also to build and deliver their business strategies, goals and ambitions.
Each person in our team plays an essential role in developing the unique environment and culture of our business. With a general practice background, the Accountant will report into the Director and undertake a wide range of general accounting duties including:
- Accounts preparation for Limited Companies, Sole traders and Partnerships
- Preparation of accounts and Corporation Tax Returns
- Personal Tax Returns and Tax advice
- Tax computations (personal and corporate)
- Completion of VAT returns
- Giving strategic tax advice to clients
- Answering client queries and client meetings
- Assisting junior members of the teams with their queries
- Mentoring and supporting junior staff
You will be responsible for building customer relationships and promoting Accounts Geek services and products to
achieve or exceed our financial plans. We are looking for ambitious candidates, with relevant business development
skills, excellent commercial experience, a discernible understanding of customer service and a passion for making a
difference for the customer.
- Developing a detailed strategic plan to manage your target territory; maintaining, protecting, and growing your business for both short and long-term revenue growth
- Creating win-win outcomes to achieve both our goals and the clients’ long term aims
- Ensuring that the quarterly and annual sales targets are achieved
- Target clients from the ideal client profile
- Identifying your customers’ needs, goals and challenges, and providing solutions to these through the proper positioning of our products, services, knowledge and expertise
- Knowing and being known by your customers by maintaining a regular contact
- Developing shared intelligence with across the wider organisation
- Following up on leads, closing action items and customer requests completely and in a timely fashion – Securing targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers
- Identifying and mapping the key stakeholders and decision-makers around projects and opportunities
- Creating and delivering presentations; coordinating appropriate resources for customer visits
- Collaborating with and supporting Marketing colleagues in the preparation of services marketing material to extend our reach
- Leading and organising internal partners around presenting to, or supporting your customers; providing input and direction on content, customer needs, drivers and client profile,
- Managing forecasting and pipeline by utilising the CRM to manage, track, and report on all sales activities; providing accurate, detailed forecasts
- Working collaboratively with all business partners (customer service, technical service, marketing and project management, etc.) to handle customer requests